Intern Software Engineer, Media
We are a diverse team of engineers that work on everything from scaling media servers around the world to building highly performant and complex UI on iOS and Android. We are pushing the limits on real-time interactivity. We are looking for engineers who like to work with exceptional people on challenging problems.
What You’ll Do
This is an opportunity to be part of a team that develops one of the most advanced real-time platforms in the world. As part of the media team at Airtime, you’ll help to build and manage the globally distributed media infrastructure that is the backbone of the Airtime service. You will also have a hand in developing our optimized mobile media stack for iOS and Android.
Members of the media team:
• Work on the highly customized media server which is the foundation of the Airtime media platform
• Extend and improve our globally distributed backend infrastructure
• Tune and enhance our custom WebRTC-based media stack on iOS and Android
• Collect and analyze metrics relating to system performance and user behavior
• Provide detailed and constructive design and code reviews
• Are team players who enjoy working with a diverse group of smart colleagues
What We’re Looking For• Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
• Programming experience in C or C++ languages
• Exposure to system programming concepts, including low-level networking interfaces, concurrent programming, and distributed systems
• Prior coursework on media-related projects—including those making use of WebRTC—is a plus, but is absolutely not required
• A record of owning projects successfully and working in a fast paced environment
If you’d like to stand out amongst the other applications we’ve received, please take a crack at our coding challenge
Airtime is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. We strongly encourage people of all backgrounds and identities to apply.