- Analyze requirements, examine problem reports, and provide technical solutions (70%)
- Analyze product requirements and technical documentation to decide upon appropriate quality assurance and validation solutions, particularly, but not exclusively, with respect to audio and video quality.
- Participate in discussions regarding requirements, specifications and designs within the team and in cross-functional settings.
- Develop automated and manual test plans for new features and existing components; create the tools, scripts, and procedures necessary to execute them.
- Provide detailed technical documentation for software tests, including pre-conditions, execution steps, and expected results, as well as detailed descriptions of technical interfaces for automated test solutions.
- Adhere to company standards for test case descriptions to ensure consistency and replicability.
- Execute functional and regression tests as part of the release process for new and updated software components.
- Generate explicit and thorough documentation of issues found during validation of product features, incorporating written descriptions of problems, log files, screen captures, and other artifacts; record this documentation in the defect tracking database.
- Assist in the correction of the discovered issues via discussion, documentation, and re-testing.
- Plan test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope or delivery dates.
- Peer review of technical specifications and solutions (20%)
- Analyze and provide feedback regarding proposed technical solutions via document review, meetings, and discussion
- Provide detailed feedback regarding the implementation of technical solutions by other members of the team and propose alternative implementation strategies to improve the maintainability, performance, testability, and quality of the solution.
- Plan and prioritize technical work (10%)
- Participate in scheduled discussions to review and discuss problems and product requirements. Assist in refining and prioritizing requirements before work begins.
- Participate in scheduled meetings to select problems and requirements to be addressed in an upcoming work period. Help to define tasks, deliverables, and other work products necessary to deliver completed solutions.
- Participate in daily meetings to review progress on the implementation of solutions.
- Surface impediments and other concerns that may affect solution delivery and propose solutions to impediments reported by other members of the team.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field (or foreign equivalent), plus 3 years of experience in the job offered, or in a related occupation.
- Requires knowledge or experience with: 1) designing and executing test plans for digital video software and infrastructure; 2) Jira, Confluence, Agile methodologies; 3) test planning and design; 4) Linux, macOS, iOS, Android, Python, TCP/IP; 5) video compression / decompression; and 6) Git, GitHub, TestRail.
Career's Page AT