Airtime is building real-time platforms that will supply brands with the needed tools to drive engagement on their platforms. Airtime's platform combines world-class technology built on an engine of real-time audio and video tools, combined with plug and play social functionality. At Airtime Media, we're well-funded, running at full sprint, and always looking for extraordinary people who want to help us build the future of Together! Airtime Media was founded by Sean Parker and backed by blue chip venture capital firms including Andreessen Horowitz, Founders Fund, Google Ventures and Kleiner Perkins.
A bit about the role:
We're looking for an enthusiastic Senior Real-Time Software Engineer (Platform) to help us provide the best possible video chat experience by extending and improving the globally distributed media infrastructure that is the backbone of the Airtime platform. This mandate includes our optimized real-time media stack for iOS and Android to:
- Add new capabilities to our cross-platform real-time stack while maintaining a high level of quality and performance.
- Extend and improve our distributed backend infrastructure.
- Develop and optimize our mobile media stack for iOS and Android.
- Maintain customized, WebRTC-based media services on Linux, iOS, Android.
- Collect and analyze metrics relating to system performance and user behavior.
- Provide detailed and constructive design and code reviews.
- Mentor and support other members of the team.
- Be a team player who enjoys working with a diverse and exceptionally smart team.
A bit about you:
- 3+ years of industry experience developing complex, high performance software in C++.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Solid understanding of system programming basics, including low-level networking interfaces, concurrent programming, and distributed systems fundamentals.
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills.
Preferred skills: These are not required, but will help you hit the ground running.
- Previous experience with streaming or real-time audio and video technology and terminology such as WebRTC
- Experience with iOS or Android application development methodology and tools
- Experience with web client development
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP networking
- Understanding of machine learning, especially as it relates to audio and video processing
- Familiarity with audio / video frameworks such as AVFoundation and OpenGL
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
Airtime Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We recognize our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people’s lives. Diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts of one’s identity. All of our employee’s points of view are key to our success, and inclusion is everyone’s responsibility.