We’re looking for an enthusiastic Senior Software Engineer (Client Platform) to help us provide the best possible video chat experience by extending and improving the globally distributed media infrastructure that is the backbone of our platform.
A bit about the role:
- Enhance and extend the frameworks that route audio and video within the media platform.
- Improve and maintain the audio and video effects that allow users to express themselves in fun and creative ways.
- Design, collect, and analyze metrics relating to system performance and user behavior.
- Lend your expertise to detailed and constructive design and code reviews.
- Lead by example as you collaborate with other members of the team to deliver new features and enhancements on a regular basis.
- Work with the Android application development team to define APIs they can use to integrate with the media stack.
A bit about the platform:
Airtime is building real-time platforms that will supply brands with the needed tools to drive engagement on their platforms. Airtime's platform combines world-class technology built on an engine of real-time audio and video tools, combined with plug and play social functionality. At Airtime Media, we're well-funded, running at full sprint, and always looking for extraordinary people who want to help us build the future of Together!
Airtime Media was founded by Sean Parker and backed by blue chip venture capital firms including Andreessen Horowitz, Founders Fund, Google Ventures and Kleiner Perkins.The media team is creating one of the most advanced platforms for real-time and streaming media in the world. We’re passionate about building high-performance, high-quality software that runs the gamut from globally distributed infrastructure to low-level, device-specific optimizations.
A bit about you:
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, related field, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of relevant industry experience coupled with strong communications skills.
- Practical experience with API design and system architecture.
- Demonstrated history of building complex, high-performance applications in Kotlin
- Success in architecting, designing, implementing and unit testing features.
- Interest in solving challenging, hard-to-pin-down problems.
- Committed to helping everyone succeed by sharing ideas and experience by mentoring and guiding less experienced members of the team.
- Demonstrated experience analyzing problem reports and fixing bugs.
- Effectively participating in detailed and constructive design and code reviews.
- Successful ownership of projects, working with teammates to drive them to completion.
- Experience working closely with test teams to help create strong test plans for new features.
- Strongly prefer previous experience working on Android frameworks
- Familiarity with audio or video processing techniques and algorithms.
- Practical experience with Android audio and video-processing frameworks, like AVF Audio.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
Airtime Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We recognize our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people’s lives. Diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts of one’s identity. All of our employee’s points of view are key to our success, and inclusion is everyone’s responsibility.