We’re looking for an enthusiastic Senior Software Engineer (Client/Server Streaming Technologies) to help us provide the best synchronized streaming media viewing experience by extending and improving the globally distributed media infrastructure that is the backbone of the platform. The media team is creating one of the most advanced platforms for real-time and streaming media in the world. We’re passionate about building high-performance, high-quality software that runs the gamut from globally distributed infrastructure to low-level, device-specific optimizations.
Airtime Media was founded by Sean Parker and backed by blue chip venture capital firms including Andreessen Horowitz, Founders Fund, Google Ventures and Kleiner Perkins. We at Airtime are building the next generation of online social experiences. Our consumer app offers a live social space where people build communities around shared interests through video, audio, and chat. Our platform will supply brands with the tools to drive engagement on their own platforms, creating new monetization opportunities. The platform is built on an engine of real time audio and video tools, combined with plug and play social functionality. We empower people to create thriving online communities around shared interests, experiences, and passions. At Airtime Media, we're well-funded, running at full sprint, and always looking for extraordinary people who want to help us build the future of Together!
A little bit about our Platform:
Our mission is to power companies building the next generation of online social experiences. We believe in an original promise of the Internet: the potential of connecting people with real-time digital experiences. We see tremendous opportunity in weaving online real-time social functionality into existing products and services. We supply brands with the tools to drive engagement on their own platforms, creating new monetization opportunities. It is time to recapture these customer relationships from the interim solution of driving engagement to third-party social sites.
We have a cloud-based engine of real-time audio and video tools, combined with plug-and-play social functionality. Our product offering is a suite of SDKs that can be combined into existing sites and apps. In addition, we have a deep expertise in online social that can be harnessed to deliver custom and effective integrations. Over our ten-year history in the space, we have built powerful, battle-tested infrastructure capable of handling carrier-grade scale.
We have a world-class team of brainiacs in Sunnyvale and Brooklyn who craft world leading real-time technology. We're well-funded, running at full sprint, and always looking for extraordinary people who want to help us build the future of Together!
The media team is creating one of the most advanced platforms for real-time and streaming media in the world. We’re passionate about building high-performance, high-quality software that runs the gamut from globally distributed infrastructure to low-level, device-specific optimizations.
A bit about the role:
- Enhance and extend streaming playback frameworks within the media platform.
- Improve and maintain the synchronization service that lets users view the same content at the same time.
- Collect and analyze metrics relating to system performance and user behavior.
- Participate in detailed and constructive design and code reviews.
- Collaborate with other members of the team to deliver new features and enhancements on a regular basis.
- Work with the application development teams to define APIs they can use to integrate with the media stack.
A bit about you:
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, related field, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of relevant industry experience coupled with strong communications skills.
- Familiarity with scalable, asynchronous server architectures.
- Practical experience with API design and system architecture.
- Success in architecting, designing, implementing and unit testing features.
- Interest in solving challenging, hard-to-pin-down problems.
- Committed to helping everyone succeed by sharing ideas and experience as you mentor and guide less experienced members of the team.
- Demonstrated experience analyzing problem reports and fixing bugs.
- Effectively participating in detailed and constructive design and code reviews.
- Successful ownership of projects, working with teammates to drive them to completion.
- Experience working closely with test teams to help create strong test plans for new features.
- Familiarity with audio or video processing techniques and algorithms.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
Airtime Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We recognize our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people’s lives. Diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts of one’s identity. All of our employee’s points of view are key to our success, and inclusion is everyone’s responsibility.