Airtime is building the next generation of live, social platforms. We believe in the power of shared experiences and are creating a fun, personalized and shared space for friends to explore the world together and we are seeking a Real-Time Media Director to assist us in this journey.
A bit about the team:
- The real-time team consists of 7 developers with a broad range of experience levels.
- We have a strong cultural bias toward design and code reviews, unit testing, and test automation.
- We work closely with the Media Quality Engineering team to ensure that the media stack delivers a high-quality experience for users.
A bit about the role:
- Manage the real-time media team and help build Airtime's globally distributed infrastructure for real-time applications.
- Provide mentorship and career development opportunities for a growing team of developers.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the team by leading regular meetings and facilitating collaboration among team members.
- Works cross-functionally with internal teams including, engineering, product, community and customer support.
- Ensures the team identifies and focuses on our users' most pressing needs.
- Refine and improve the team's development processes and practices to ensure it can deliver enhancements, bug fixes, and new capabilities quickly and with quality.
- Work with media engineering leadership to ensure that the organization's strategic and architectural goals are met.
A bit about you:
- B.A. or B.S. in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Relevant engineering and leadership experience that includes direct experience leading software development teams and helping engineers grow professionally.
- Extremely strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Sound judgment and a pragmatic, fact-based approach to making decisions.
- Experience working within Scrum-style frameworks to deliver software.
- A keen eye for detail and the ability to track multiple concurrent projects.
- Prior experience working with real-time media, WebRTC, and C++ is a plus.
A bit about Airtime:
Founded by Sean Parker, our mission is to empower people to create thriving online communities around shared interests, experiences, and passions. A goal like that doesn’t happen without an amazing team. With over 100 wonderful people in three offices across the country, we’re working hard to create the most welcoming online live social space out there, not only in our product but also in our organization.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people’s lives. Diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts of one’s identity. All of our employees’ points of view are key to our success, and inclusion is everyone’s responsibility.