Airtime is looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer in Test with well developed design and coding ability.
We believe that software should be built with the end user in mind. A healthy team makes use of rapid, data-driven iteration to quickly deliver delightful features to users with a high level of quality. We look for candidates who are just as serious as we are about building great software. This is an opportunity to be part of a team that develops one of the most advanced real-time platforms in the world. Someone who enjoys working with a diverse group of smart colleagues and being part of a dynamic, growing team
As part of the media team at Airtime, you'll help to create the globally distributed media infrastructure that is the backbone of the Airtime service.
What You’ll Do:
- Design, create, extend, and maintain the infrastructure that executes automated tests against the media platform, including creating infrastructure for writing automated tests and developing these tests.
- Design, develop, and maintain automated tests for media services
- May perform manual tests to fill in functional gaps not covered by the automation test suite
- Work with the development team to expand the scope of the automation framework to cover areas such as load and scalability tests and modeling of real-world networks
- Participate in detailed and constructive design and code reviews
What We're Looking For:
- BS/BA in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years experience as a software engineer in test or as a developer
- Experience writing asynchronous test cases using Promises, await and async, or similar patterns/libraries
- Experience working with Linux, including basic system administration skills and exposure to bash and shell scripting techniques
- Familiarity with fundamental TCP/IP networking concepts
Nice to have:
Experience with WebRTC or multimedia technology
A bit about Airtime:
Founded by Sean Parker, Airtime’s mission is to empower people to create thriving online communities around shared interests, experiences, and passions. A goal like that doesn’t happen without an amazing team. With over 100 wonderful people in three offices across the country, we’re working hard to create the most welcoming online live social space out there, not only in our product but also in our organization.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people’s lives. Diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts of one’s identity. All of our employee’s points of view are key to our success, and inclusion is everyone’s responsibility.