We are anxious to hire a Senior Software Engineer for our Backend team. Our team is responsible for the REST API that clients use for transactional operations, and a persistent websocket service for low latency messaging. You will help build and maintain microservices that dispatch push notifications to mobile clients, handle messaging, analytics, and other core business features.
Airtime Media was founded by Sean Parker and backed by blue chip venture capital firms including Andreessen Horowitz, Founders Fund, Google Ventures and Kleiner Perkins. We at Airtime are building the next generation of online social experiences. Our consumer app offers a live social space where people build communities around shared interests through video, audio, and chat. Our platform will supply brands with the tools to drive engagement on their own platforms, creating new monetization opportunities. The platform is built on an engine of real time audio and video tools, combined with plug and play social functionality. We empower people to create thriving online communities around shared interests, experiences, and passions. At Airtime Media, we're well-funded, running at full sprint, and always looking for extraordinary people who want to help us build the future of Together!
A little bit about Airtime:
Our mission is to power companies building the next generation of online social experiences. We believe in an original promise of the Internet: the potential of connecting people with real-time digital experiences. We see tremendous opportunity in weaving online real-time social functionality into existing products and services. We supply brands with the tools to drive engagement on their own platforms, creating new monetization opportunities. It is time to recapture these customer relationships from the interim solution of driving engagement to third-party social sites.
We have a cloud-based engine of real-time audio and video tools, combined with plug-and-play social functionality. Our product offering is a suite of SDKs that can be combined into existing sites and apps. In addition, we have a deep expertise in online social that can be harnessed to deliver custom and effective integrations. Over our ten-year history in the space, we have built powerful, battle-tested infrastructure capable of handling carrier-grade scale.
With a world-class team of brainiacs in Palo Alto and Brooklyn who craft world leading real-time technology. We're well-funded, running at full sprint, and always looking for extraordinary people who want to help us build the future of Together!
A bit about the work:
- Build a system that is scalable, maintainable, and secure
- Write extensive tests to ensure that the features provided are reliable
- Write thorough documentation so that client teams know how to use features
- Utilize load tests and monitoring to make sure that our system is always capable of running at peak performance under load conditions
A bit about you:
- 3+ years professional software engineering experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field (or foreign equivalent)
- Proficient understanding of Docker
- Thorough understanding of NoSQL and SQL databases to make a secure Web API
- Experience with socket.io
- Experience using continuous integration with CircleCI or equivalent
- Experience working with a microservices architecture
- Experience building scalable systems
- You are USA based (employee preference: fully remote or Palo Alto, CA or Brooklyn, NY)
- Preferred additional skills:
- Node.js with ES6 features
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
Airtime Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We recognize our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people’s lives. Diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts of one’s identity. All of our employee’s points of view are key to our success, and inclusion is everyone’s responsibility.