We are a diverse team of engineers that work on everything from scaling media servers around the world to building highly performant and complex UI on iOS, Android and Web. We are pushing the limits on real-time interactivity. We are looking for engineers who like to work with exceptional people on challenging problems.
The media team at Airtime is creating one of the most advanced platforms for real-time and streaming media in the world. We're passionate about building high-performance, high-quality software that runs the gamut from globally distributed infrastructure to low-level, device-specific optimizations.
We're looking for an enthusiastic candidate to help us provide the best possible video chat experience by extending and improving the globally distributed media infrastructure that is the backbone of the Airtime platform. This mandate includes our optimized real-time media stack for iOS and Android.
A bit about the role:
- Enhance and extend the media infrastructure that is the heart of the Airtime media platform.
- Improve and maintain the custom, WebRTC-based frameworks we use to provide media services for iOS, Android, and web clients.
- Collect and analyze metrics relating to system performance and user behavior.
- Participate in detailed and constructive design and code reviews.
- Collaborate with other members of the team to deliver new features and enhancements on a regular basis.
- Work with application development teams to define APIs they can use to integrate with the media stack.
A bit about you:
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field; or equivalent experience.
- Experience with C or C++.
- Strong computer science fundamentals, including familiarity with data structures and concurrent / multithreaded programming.
- Exposure to system programming concepts, such as networking, memory management, distributed systems fundamentals.
- Object-oriented programming and design skills.
- Interest in solving challenging, hard-to-pin-down problems.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Previous experience with WebRTC, streaming protocols, or other media-related technologies.
- Familiarity with audio or video processing techniques and algorithms.
- Experience developing software for iOS and Android.
- Familiarity with building services using Node.js.
A bit about Airtime:
Founded by Sean Parker, our mission is to empower people to create thriving online communities around shared interests, experiences, and passions. A goal like that doesn’t happen without an amazing team. With over 100 wonderful people in three offices across the country, we’re working hard to create the most welcoming online live social space out there, not only in our product but also in our organization.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people’s lives. Diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts of one’s identity. All of our employee’s points of view are key to our success, and inclusion is everyone’s responsibility.