A bit about the role:
We’re looking for an exceptional Senior Android Engineer to join us on our journey. If you like working with a high-impact, cross-functional, collaborative team and enjoy autonomy and empowerment… keep reading! Our engineering team works on everything from scaling media servers around the world to building highly performant and complex UI on iOS and Android. We are pushing the limits on real time interactivity. We are looking for engineers who like to work with exceptional people on challenging problems. The A-Team as we’re called at Airtime have one of the most fun and challenging projects in tech today. A humble team of Android engineers obsessed about all things Android -- doing things the Android way (the “Material” way if you will). We take immense pride in delivering an unparalleled real-time and high-quality experience and push the limit of what you can do on a mobile device. While others see fragmentation on Android as a headache, not only do we embrace it -- we truly love delivering a consistent experience across a huge roster of Android versions and phones and a wide range of device and network constraints! Our team:
- Builds media integrations with a wide variety of sources such as YouTube, Spotify, Giphy, SoundCloud and Twitch to name a few.
- Develops an Android library based on open source WebRTC for real-time video stack.
- Demonstrates love with Material design blended with our in-house design and constantly prototype and implement really slick animations, transitions and gestures
- Builds a massively multi-threaded application that does a zillion things while maintaining responsiveness and keeping things real and real-time.
A bit about you:
- Have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field (or foreign equivalent)
- Have a strong Java background (5+ years experience)...it's okay if you have strong opinions on why you may dislike Java or why you think Go/Swift/Kotlin are your language of choice
- Have a solid understanding of the Android SDK, think in Activities, Fragments and Services and love adhering to Android best practices
- Demonstrated success in Android application development frameworks; building complex UI applications on the Android platform; Git version control and Jira
- Continuous Integration experience in building automation tools including Jenkins or Circle CI.
- Loves profiling, optimizing for performance with the tools at your disposal or even finding the occasional memory leak
- Believe you can do so much better than Google when it comes to implementing material design
- While not necessary we consider it a big plus if you love the NDK side of things too or have a secret crush on WebRTC
A bit about Airtime:
Founded by Sean Parker, Airtime’s mission is to empower people to create thriving online communities around shared interests, experiences, and passions. A goal like that doesn’t happen without an amazing team. With over 100 wonderful people in three offices across the country, we’re working hard to create the most welcoming online live social space out there, not only in our product but also in our organization.