A bit about the role:
We are a diverse team of engineers that work on everything from scaling media servers around the world to building highly performant and complex UI on iOS and Android. We are pushing the limits on real time interactivity. We are looking for engineers who like to work with exceptional people on challenging problems.
As a Machine Learning Engineer at Airtime you will combine data science with computer science fundamentals to design, build, and maintain machine learning systems such as recommendation algorithms. This role will require a deep understanding of data infrastructure and data pipelines to build end-to-end learning applications. You will collaborate across organizations, particularly alongside our Data Science, User Research, Product Management, and Software Engineering teams.
We’re looking for an exceptional Machine Learning Engineer to join us on our journey. If you’re a strong self-starter who also likes working with a high-impact, cross-functional, collaborative team and enjoys autonomy and empowerment… keep reading!
A bit about the work:
- Build and scale an industry leading recommendation system from scratch; develop highly scalable classifiers and tools leveraging machine learning
- Understand product objectives and machine learning techniques; improve model and recommendation strategy
- Understand user behavior and apply ML algorithms to optimize content consumption and production experience
- Build models and algorithms to understand user interest, user intent, and improve content relevancy.
- Build features and develop new ranking algorithms
- Understand content security strategy and apply ML algorithms to improve content audit process
- Work cross functionally across Airtime’s orgs
A bit about you:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related technical discipline, with at least 5 years of related work experience
- Solid experience with data structures or algorithms
- Software development experience through hands on coding in a general purpose programming language
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: machine learning, recommendation systems, data mining or other related areas
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Passion about technologies and solving challenging problems
- Fluent in one or more languages like Java, Scala, C++, Python
- Experience with offline and online data processing frameworks
- Knowledgeable of core CS concepts such as common data structures and algorithms
- Comfortable conducting design and code reviews
A bit about Airtime:
Founded by Sean Parker, our mission is to empower people to create thriving online communities around shared interests, experiences, and passions. A goal like that doesn’t happen without an amazing team. With over 100 wonderful people in three offices across the country, we’re working hard to create the most welcoming online live social space out there, not only in our product but also in our organization.