A bit about the role:
Our Application team is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Application Test Automation Engineer to help us ensure that we are providing our users the best possible experience when they use Airtime to chat with their friends or experience streaming content together. In this role, a successful candidate will build an automation system to test our apps that run on iOS, Android and web.
- Identify automatable test cases for our applications that run on iOS, Android and web browser.
- Design, code and execute automated tests for functional, stress and end-to-end test cases.
- Analyze test results and report defects in the bug tracking system.
- Work closely with the development team and manual QA team to ensure test coverage.
- Constantly improve the methods and performance of the automation system.
A bit about you:
- Experienced in test automation on at least one of the following platforms: iOS, Android, or Web.
- A minimum of 5 years experience (prefer 8-10)
- 5+ years experience in automation
- Experience designing and developing end-to-end automated tests to validate system functionality.
- Success utilizing commercial and open-source automation test tools designing, coding, executing and analyzing test results (Testing effort to include: UI validation, features and stress cases.)
- QA experience defining test cases and filing bugs using Jira/Confluence.
- Eagerness to learn and solve complex problems.
- Good vibes (e.g. easy-going nature and positive attitude.)
- Excels at verbal and written communications.
- Preferred Skills:
- Hands on experience using Appium and/or Selenium.
- Familiarity with Page Object Model.
- Familiarity with Xcode and Android Studio.
- Continuous integration with Github and cloud-based device labs.
- Video and audio test automation.
- Startup-experience desired (e.g. working in a fast-paced environment.)
- Familiarity with the Agile and software development lifecycle
- Preferred Skills:
A bit about Airtime:
Founded by Sean Parker, Airtime’s mission is to empower people to create thriving online communities around shared interests, experiences, and passions. A goal like that doesn’t happen without an amazing team. With over 100 wonderful people in three offices across the country, we’re working hard to create the most welcoming online live social space out there, not only in our product but also in our organization.