A bit about the role:
The Data Analyst will conduct analysis to support the optimization of The Airtime Application. This individual will provide actionable insights that guide strategic decisions made by the company. Their main objective is to deliver insights pertaining to content optimization, as well as, marketing strategy that drives optimized performance. In order to do this, the analyst will leverage SQL, Excel, Looker and various BI tools to analyze data within the Airtime application and across third-party social media platforms.
A bit about the work:
- Build key working relationships with The Content Team, Marketing Team and Product Team to ensure alignment and support on all projects.
- Extract data from Airtime’s database via SQL and Looker to provide insights focused on content recommendations and optimal user journeys.
- Analyze paid VS organic performance as it relates to various platforms across Airtimes channels of acquisition.
- Utilize vertical segmentation to analyze Airtime’s online community attributes.
- Provide user cohort analysis to identify optimal in-app user behaviors.
- Conduct proactive ad hoc analysis that ensures all teams are properly equipped to make decisions on a variety of business problems as they arise.
- Assist in forecasting multi-scenario outcomes and setting yearly KPI expectations.
- Become the subject matter expert on Airtime internal datasets and conduct audits that ensure data quality.
A bit about you:
- At least 3 years of experience working in data and analytics
- Prior experience in digital media required
- Deep understanding of social / video platform content strategies.
- The capability to learn new concepts quickly and solve problems independently
- High critical thinking capacity that can connect the dots between various sets of data to derive meaning
- The ability to translate complex data problems into simple and actionable sets of recommendations for non-technical stakeholders
- Understanding of statistical methods: Basic measurements; mean, median, mode etc., Regressions: linear, logarithmic etc., proper sampling requirements, understanding p-values, utilizing models like OLS and more
- Proficiency in the following analytical tool sets: Excel, SQL, Looker, YouTube Analytics, Facebook Business Manager, Instagram Insights, Twitter Ad Insights, Twitch Insights and Google Analytics
- Not required but a MAJOR plus: knowledge or proficiency in data science and programming topics such as: python, machine learning, neural networks, natural language processing, API connections and more
A bit about Airtime:
Founded by Sean Parker, our mission is to empower people to create thriving online communities around shared interests, experiences, and passions. A goal like that doesn’t happen without an amazing team. With over 100 wonderful people in three offices across the country, we’re working hard to create the most welcoming online live social space out there, not only in our product but also in our organization.