A bit about the work:
The media team at Airtime is creating one of the most advanced platforms for real-time and streaming media in the world. We're passionate about building high-performance, high-quality software that runs the gamut from globally distributed infrastructure to low-level, device-specific optimizations.
We're looking for an enthusiastic Media-Quality Engineer to help us ensure that we are providing our users the best possible experience when they use Airtime to chat with their friends or experience streaming content together.
- Design, execute, document, and maintain manual test cases for projects undertaken by the media team.
- Work closely with the development team to create test plans for new features.
- Perform regression and acceptance testing of media components prior to release.
- Analyze test results to identify functional areas that are in need of improvement.
- Help drive improvements in the team’s software development processes and practices.
A bit about you:
- Excellent communications skills.
- Experience testing mobile applications on iOS and Android.
- Attention to detail and the ability to identify subtle variations in test performance.
- Proficiency working with command-line utilities such as make, ssh, and bash.
- Experience using development tools like Xcode and Android Studio to run test applications.
- Familiarity with streaming or real-time audio and video technology and terminology, such as frame rate, resolution, bit rate, and codecs.
- Commitment to filing clear, detailed, and actionable bug reports.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, agile environment.
- Preferred Skills: These are not required, but will help you hit the ground running.
- Prior experience testing real-time or streaming audio and video systems.
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP networking.
- Understanding of the ways network conditions such as bandwidth, packet loss, and delay can impact audio and video performance.
- Experience evaluating application CPU and battery usage.
A bit about Airtime:
Founded by Sean Parker, Airtime’s mission is to empower people to create thriving online communities around shared interests, experiences, and passions. A goal like that doesn’t happen without an amazing team. With over 100 wonderful people in three offices across the country, we’re working hard to create the most welcoming online live social space out there, not only in our product but also in our organization.