A bit about the role:
We’re looking for an exceptional Senior iOS Engineer to join us on our journey. If you like working with a high-impact, cross-functional, collaborative team and enjoy autonomy and empowerment… keep reading! We are a diverse team of engineers that work on everything from scaling media servers around the world to building highly-performant and complex UI on iOS and Android. We are pushing the limits on real time interactivity. We are looking for engineers who like to work with exceptional people on challenging problems.
In this role, you will work with a cross-functional team of Product Managers, Designers, Engineers, Web Developers, and Content Creators to conceptualize and develop world-class apps. As a senior member of the team, you will own the technical implementation of projects, and provide training, guidance, and mentorship to other members of the team. You will also guide technical strategy, architecture, best practices, tools, and utilities for the team.
This is a hands-on engineering position that requires expert level proficiency in Swift, but you will also work with legacy code written in Objective-C. The ideal candidate is passionate about Swift, iOS, Apple products, mobile apps, and especially, the Airtime app where we push the limits of media and custom UI on iOS.
A bit about you:
- A minimum of 6 years of progressive experience in any job title with duties involving software development, programming, or analysis
- A minimum of 5 years of hands-on professional iOS development experience
- Extensive experience with Swift and Objective-C and full command of iOS APIs, as well as architectures such as MVC and MVVM
- Experience working on a significant consumer app that is currently available in the marketplace
- Solid understanding of data models and data access architecture and optimization
- Strong understanding of server-side software, scalability, performance, and reliability
- A sound understanding of HTTP and REST-style web services
- Experience using code versioning tools, including GIT
- Experienced using XCode, Instruments, and the full suite of Apple’s development tools
- Must demonstrate solid organization/communication skills
- BS Computer Science or related technical discipline or its equivalent
- Strong preference to candidates possessing an advanced degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or closely related field
- Understanding of Apple app submission process, compliance policies, and requirements
- Experience with agile software development practices, including scrum, sprint planning, and retrospectives
- Experience with TestFlight, Firebase or similar app distribution platforms
- Experience with iOS performance tuning and crash reporting applications
- Experience evaluating and integrating 3rd party APIs, including SDKs for social networks, advertising, and analytics
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented, test-driven collaborative and iterative programming environment
A bit about Airtime:
Founded by Sean Parker, Airtime’s mission is to empower people to create thriving online communities around shared interests, experiences, and passions. A goal like that doesn’t happen without an amazing team. With over 100 wonderful people in three offices across the country, we’re working hard to create the most welcoming online live social space out there, not only in our product but also in our organization.