A bit about the role:
We are a diverse team of engineers that work on everything from scaling media servers around the world to building highly performant and complex UI on iOS, Android and Web. We are pushing the limits on real time interactivity. We are looking for engineers who like to work with exceptional people on challenging problems.
As a Backend Engineer at Airtime you will be responsible for the REST API that clients use for transactional operations, and a persistent websocket service for low latency messaging. You will help build and maintain microservices that dispatch push notifications to mobile clients, handle messaging, analytics, and other core business features.
A bit about the work:
- Help build a system that is scalable, maintainable, and secure
- Write extensive tests to ensure that the features provided are reliable, and write thorough documentation so that client teams know how to use those features
- Utilize load tests and monitoring to make sure that our system is always capable of running at peak performance under load conditions
A bit about you:
- 3+ years professional software engineering experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field (or foreign equivalent)
- Node.js with ES6 features and AWS are a huge plus
- Proficient understanding of Docker
- Thorough understanding of MongoDB and how to make a secure Web API
- Experience with socket.io
- Experience using continuous integration with CircleCI or equivalent
- Experience working with a microservices architecture
- Experience building scalable systems
A bit about Airtime:
Founded by Sean Parker, our mission is to empower people to create thriving online communities around shared interests, experiences, and passions. A goal like that doesn’t happen without an amazing team. With over 100 wonderful people in three offices across the country, we’re working hard to create the most welcoming online live social space out there, not only in our product but also in our organization.