A bit about the role:
Airtime is looking for an experienced,enthusiastic, and imaginative Media - Senior Client Software Engineer to bring the Airtime experience to life with advanced media features like synchronized streaming media playback, audio and video effects, complex audio routing, and real-time video capture. This role is responsible to design, implement and unit test features for Airtime platforms including web, iOS and Android. This role works with other Airtime teams to understand user requirements. Analyze problem reports and fix bugs to maintain high-quality standards. Work closely with the test team to help create strong test plans for new features and flexibly solve problems by developing common solutions when practical, leveraging platform-specific services where appropriate.
The media team at Airtime is creating one of the most advanced platform for real-time and media streaming media in the world. We're passionate about building high-performance, high-quality software that runs the gamut from globally-distributed infrastructure to low-level device-specific optimizations.
A bit about you:
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, related field, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience coupled with strong communications skills.
- Practical experience with API design and system architecture.
- Demonstrated history of building complex, high-performance applications in any of the following languages: C++, Swift, Objective-C, Java, or Kotlin.
- Success in architecting, designing, implementing unit test features for platforms including: web, iOS, and Android.
- Interest in solving challenging, hard-to-pin-down problems.
- Committed to helping everyone succeed by sharing ideas and experience by mentoring and guiding less experienced members of the team.
- Demonstrated experience analyzing problem reports and fixing bugs.
- Effectively participating in detailed and constructive design and code reviews.
- Successful ownership of projects, working with teammates to drive them to completion.
- Experience working closely with test teams to help create strong test plans for new features.
- Preferred skills: These are not required, but will help you hit the ground running.
- Previous experience with streaming or real-time audio and video technology and terminology such as WebRTC.
- Experience with iOS or Android application development methodology and tools.
- Experience with web client development.
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP networking.
- Understanding of machine learning, especially as it relates to audio and video processing.
- Familiarity with audio / video frameworks such as AVFoundation and OpenGL.
A bit about Airtime:
Founded by Sean Parker, Airtime’s mission is to empower people to create thriving online communities around shared interests, experiences, and passions. A goal like that doesn’t happen without an amazing team. With over 100 wonderful people in three offices across the country, we’re working hard to create the most welcoming online live social space out there, not only in our product but also in our organization.